Focus: Strengthens arms and wrists
Time: 15-30 seconds
Benefits: Stretches groins and back. Tones core and enhances balance. Alleviates stress and anxiety.
Cautions: Avoid with shoulder, wrist, elbow or lower back injuries.
- Start in squat with feet slightly wider than hips. Bend torso forward between legs.
- Bend knees further until belly is level with knees.
- Place left upper arm and shoulder under left thigh above knee, hand outside foot. Repeat on right.
- Shift weight onto hands, rolling up onto fingertips. Thighs stay high on arms.
- Inhale and extend legs out straight, parallel to floor. Press through big toe mounds.
- Straighten arms, widen shoulder blades and lift chest. Lift head, gazing forward.
- Hold for 15-30 seconds, breathing deeply. Exhale and lower feet to release.
- Beginners can modify by sitting on floor with legs at 90 degrees, using blocks under heels.
- Roll weight onto hands, keeping thighs high
- Extend legs straight out to sides, parallel to floor
- Engage arms and open chest
- Breathe steadily and hold for 15-30 seconds
- Modify by sitting on floor if needed
Let me know if you need any clarification or have additional requirements for describing yoga poses!