Focus: Strengthens shoulders
Time: 30 to 60 seconds
Benefits: Energizes lungs and abdomen
Cautions: Modify for knee injury
- Kneel on the ground and straighten your right leg out to the side. Press your right foot into the ground with your knee and ankle facing up.
- Slightly rotate your torso right while shifting your upper body left.
- Inhale and extend your arms out sideways. Bend over your right leg, resting your right hand down your leg as far as possible. This compresses the right side while stretching the left.
- Place left hand on left hip, pushing your abdomen down. Move left hand to lower ribs, pushing up toward shoulders.
- Inhale and stretch left arm overhead to the right. Allow left hip to roll forward but keep upper body stretched away from floor.
- Hold for 30-60 seconds. Inhale and use top arm to lift torso back up. Return right leg to start position.
- Repeat on the left side.
- Rest between sides.
- Open shoulders while stretching spine, hamstrings and sides
- Energize lungs and abdomen
- Modify for knee injuries by sitting on chair
- Focus on alignment and breath
Let me know if you need any clarification or have additional requirements for describing yoga poses!